Wednesday 29 February 2012

Do you dress ugly?

I was reading my daily newspaper –The Metro (Excuse- I left my classical novel at home) and came across an article about Vivienne Westwood and how she thought Fast Fashion had left people looking ugly.

Here is an excerpt from the article...

Launching her new collection at London Fashion Week, the designer said: ‘People have never looked so ugly as they do today, regarding their dress. ‘We are so conformist, nobody is thinking. We are all sucking up stuff, we have been trained to be consumers and we are all consuming far too much. Westwood, who recently admitted she doesn’t like some clothes sold in her own shops, said fashion followers should buy less and choose more carefully to avoid looking like ‘clones’.

On this blog we have always said consumers need to buy carefully and to not over indulge in cheap fashion as this has a knock-on effect on garment workers and the environment, but I hadn’t thought about how cheap fashion makes us look.


Do you think cheap fashion has left us looking like ugly clones?

4 comments:

  1. just linked this article on my facebook account. it’s a very interesting article for all.


    Conference Gift Ideas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kanmani, you can also follow Naitika blog on facebook... http://www.facebook.com/pages/Naitika-Change-Fashion-Change-The-World/168352216532989

      Like our page and stay updated.

      Delete
  2. My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!

    Conference Gift Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great thoughts you got there, believe I may possibly try just some of it throughout my daily life.
    Conference Gift Ideas

    ReplyDelete