Wednesday 17 February 2010

My clothes won’t kill Mother Nature

A thought crossed my mind as I was reading How to make money from recycling and I thought ’Why can’t shopping save me money?.

We always think ‘I can’t wear the same outfit straight after each other and with Facebook pictures being updated daily I can’t wear the same outfit in the same month’. Truth is, how much money is being invested in our image and how much it is also damaging the environment?

Did you know we spend about £23billion on clothing a year. This creates 2 million tonnes of clothes and of that 2 million, 1.5 million of that is destined for landfill. Considering the effects of landfills and how these clothes are made I thought ‘wouldn’t it be a better idea to make your own?’

If you took a t-shirt that you’d publicised over facebook too much and cut it differently to change the fit, dyed it or even embellished it you’d end up with a whole new outfit. Instead of spending £30 on a new t-shirt which you only plan on wearing once, you could design and make a new outfit each time. Altering dresses and jeans are just some ideas on recycling clothes

Such as this link below:



As well saving a few extra pounds you get the feel good factor of helping out Mother Nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment